Here are the questions you should be asking your followers.
In an age of technology, we as Realtors have to learn a new way of doing business. One of the most common questions I hear from agents is, “How can I use social media to increase my business?” The answer is multi-faceted.
Your social media should be a conglomerate of your life. It should not only contain real estate information, but also have personal pieces to it. Your clients want to see you as a whole person and not just a Realtor. Here are five types of questions you can ask on your social media to increase your engagement, reach, and business:
1. The closed question. These are your simple “yes or no” questions that will encourage people to respond quickly. For example, “Do you shop online?”
2. The open-ended question. These questions cause a reader to stop and think before responding. They take more time and effort. For example, “What are your Thanksgiving traditions?” You want a response with at least five words for best practices and the most engagement.
3. The real estate questions. Your clients should respond to general questions, but they should also respond to real estate questions. For example, “What are your favorite neighborhoods in Fredericksburg?”, “Do you know that you can save thousands on your mortgage because of current low rates?”, or “What would you do with an extra $200 off your mortgage every month?” These questions get people thinking about real estate and responding to you.
4. Everyday life questions. These are the most engaging questions because they hit a broader audience and allow you to connect with people on a more personal level. People like to be in business with those who they like and trust. You build trust through connection and you build connections through common experience. This is why TikTok is so popular. You have 15 to 60 seconds to create a connection with somebody just like that. An example of these questions include, “What laundry soap do you use?”, “How are you feeling today?”, and “How are you coping with virtual school?” All of these questions show the reader you’re a person just like them.
5. Questions with pictures. People are visual, which is why we like emojis and gifs. You can express a feeling in a single second without any words. To get better engagement on any of your posts, use pictures, emojis, or gifs. For example, ask “this or that” questions with pictures or “Which fries are best?” with a gif of fast-food fries.
If you’d like a free, no-obligation consultation about developing your social media strategy, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. I’m also happy to answer any other real estate business questions you might have.